Saturday, June 26, 2010

Janell's New Look

As we get closer to the actual transplant procedure, Janell's body is responding extremely well to the treatment.  That also means that her hair has responded.  Although none of her locks have fallen out, they were holding on by "a hair."  Janell decided to have her head shaved and to not wear a wig.

I had the privilege of performing that task.  I told her I would cut her hair, shave it, massage her scalp and moisturize it.  She agreed to let me do exactly that.  The process went smoothly with a very stoic Janell awaiting the final results.  SHE LOOKS STUNNING!  (Pictures are forthcoming as soon as she gives the OK.)

After the her new beauty treatment, I took her on a "scavenger hunt" throughout our home.  In various locations (closets, cabinets or drawers),  Janell found a small gift bag.  Inside was a note expressing what she means to me plus a pair of custom made earrings.  Yes, I made each of the seven pairs that she received.  I have included a picture of four pairs.

Janell is a phenomenal woman.  I am blessed, that out of all of the men in the world, she said "YES" to ME, thirty-five (35) years ago.  God is soooooo good!

No comments:

Post a Comment