Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Days 3, Day 2... The Big Fight is On!!

 "Kick butt Janell!  ...Just put on your boxing shorts and you'll be good to go!  Take care and fight like hell!  This is the one time your mom would tell you to fight dirty, whatever it takes baby!" --Tracy 


So ready or not, here goes.  


Tomorrow (Day 2) I get one more dose of the conditioning drug that Geoffrey referred to, and then a high dose of the toxic chemo, melphalan.  The delivery of those drugs takes a combined total of 33 minutes, but then there will be hours of observation and pumping with IV fluids to wash the melphalan out.  That means 24 hours of IV fluid, that my most trusted and competent rear admiral Geoffrey will keep going for me.  (We took an IV pump class yesterday to learn how to operate the pump.  And I must say that my working at WSIPC has certainly helped me not to be afraid to program it!  Thanks WSIPC!)


Here's a picture of Geoffrey and me, (sporting my new non-hair-do) and a picture of me.


Here are some pictures of me in my ultimate fighting gear that my oldest son, the doctor - Geoffrey got for me at the beginning of this battle.  




Thank you all for joining in the fight with me with your prayers and healing thoughts.  I couldn't do it alone.  Love to all.


Peace,
Janell

No comments:

Post a Comment